by Rebecca Rosas, Ph.D., VP Strategic Planning Texmark Chemicals, Chairman Houston Area Lab Managers, ALMA Board Member-Local Chapter Representative
There are lots of tips and suggestions on the WFH (work from home) routine as being touted as the new “normal” for many people throughout the world. Here’s a top ten list (for those of you who recall David Letterman) without the fanfare of Paul Schaeffer (those were some great shows) compiled from numerous articles on the web.
Top Ten Tips on Working From Home
- Establish boundaries (e.g. when to unplug when you are off the clock).
- Be sure to take breaks and lunch at scheduled times.
- Have conversations with people other than at home-reach out to coworkers via phone or virtually.
- Keep a work diary. It can help with continuity.
- Be sure to stand up and stretch once an hour during your scheduled work period.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule on workdays even though it can be too tempting to binge-watch Netflix till the wee hours of the morning.
- Dress comfortably and put on dress clothes once in a while.
- Make yourself presentable as if you are headed to the office. It sets the body’s mindset for the workday.
- Talk to your family and relatives. Text them often and add them to your routine.
- Take breaks from the media from time to time. Set a schedule to acquire news to keep you informed.
*Bonus Tip: Don’t stress over having to prove yourself while working from home versus being in the office. Remember, we are all in this together.
Stay healthy and well!