Website Alpha Resources LLC
Alpha Resources LLC is a growing company located in SW Michigan. We manufacture a wide range of consumables and reference materials for the Atomic Spectroscopy industry. We value innovative and quality mindsets for our on-site laboratory and manufacturing facility; Alpha is ISO17034, ISO17025, ISO9001:2015 certified.
Founded in 1978, the company has grown year-after-year and sells products both directly and indirectly in over seventy countries around the world. Currently, we are growing through new product introductions, expanded marketing channels and markets.
Alpha Resources’ standard benefits include:
– Regular hours for better work/life balance
– 9 paid holidays
-Healthcare coverage, including HSA option
-Vision + dental are part of the benefits package
-Life insurance is included in the benefits package
-Employee referral bonus
This is a unique opportunity to make a direct impact on Alpha’s laboratory operations, its future strategic direction, and processes as well as shape your own work environment.
Expanding QA/QC/R&D laboratory seeks an experienced laboratory professional to ensure that Alpha’s certified reference materials and raw materials meet and exceed all necessary requirements. The Laboratory Manager will work to ensure product performance, execution of best practices, and aid in developing future work methods and processes that lead to ongoing improvements in both our product and the work environment. This position is responsible for promoting a safe working culture and environment throughout the laboratory.
This job is on-location and hands-on.
– Day-to-day operations of the inorganic laboratory
– Work with Chief Chemist and Director of Operations in the design, construction, and outfitting of our lab expansion.
-Ensures adequate resources for the laboratory including personnel, supplies, and instrumentation
-Supervise department staff/resources
-Assigns daily work to laboratory technicians
-Ensure proper training and development of staff
-Maintain the laboratories ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 17034 accreditation in conjunction with internal Quality Department
-Develops, modifies, verifies, and validates laboratory methods
-Reviews analytical results provided by laboratory technicians for certification of materials
– Identifies external laboratories with appropriate accreditation for round-robin analyses
-Ensures impartiality and confidentiality are maintained within the laboratory environment
-Oversees inventory for the laboratory
-Determines production needs and quantities
-Operates and maintains instrumentation as well as verifies status of calibrated equipment as required
-Assists with investigation of customer complaints related to the laboratory products.
-Purchases laboratory supplies, as needed, and maintains budget for the laboratory
-Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
-Seek opportunities for operational improvements and develop new efficient procedures
-Work with our technical team on product development
– Requires a BS/BA (Masters welcomed) in a relevant field with appropriate experience and/or 8-12 years of experience in a laboratory setting (Preference for inorganic analysis focus)
– Must have successful leadership experience in managing the analytical, quality, productivity, cost, safety, and environmental compliance aspects of an on-site laboratory operation
-Familiarity with various analysis (elemental analysis, OES, XRF, ICP, ICP-MS, AA, TGA, TOC, Mercury) techniques and equipment
– Direct knowledge of ISO 17025 & ISO 17034
– Excellent organizational and leadership skills
– Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
– Execution and implementation oriented
– Conscientious and responsible
– Desire and willingness to work on special projects as needed
– Proficient in office software (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, or similar)
We welcome curious minds – those who are challenged to grow and improve. If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk with you!
Alpha Resources is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org