As a Laboratory Manager at IDEXX, you will be a people leader at one of the largest veterinary diagnostic companies in the world. This will be an exciting opportunity to leverage your leadership abilities to coordinate day-to-day lab operations – including: planning, people management, and delivering results. The focus on enhancing the lives of people and pets, starts with our own employees and empowering them to achieve their goals, focusing on continuous improvement, and supporting the strong collaboration and inclusiveness that exist in our team. You will be joining an innovative and fast-paced work environment with a strong focus on employee culture and development. This is a full-time role with competitive benefits and performance incentives.
IDEXX reference laboratories is a global network united by a shared commitment to enhancing pet care where the true strength in our name is the people behind it. Our reference laboratories make it possible for our customers to discover more with our unrelenting commitment to innovation, personalized support, guidance, and expertise, while providing the most complete and advanced menu of diagnostic tests along with technology and tools.
To learn more about lab leadership at IDEXX, click on the video links below to see what our employees have to say:
Why Lauren Antosia, Labs Supervisor, Chose IDEXX
Why Timothy Ives, Lab Supervisor, Chose IDEXX
Development Opportunities Labs for Ashley Lemley, Labs Manager
Development Opportunities in Labs for Lauren Antosia, Labs Supervisor
In this Role:
- You will be managing teams, including direct Supervisor reports;
- You will oversee all areas of a Veterinary Diagnostic Lab;
- You will create and manage budgets;
- You will use your proven ability to manage and deliver key operating metrics to successfully drive Quality, delivery of productivity results, Financial success and Safety across the lab;
- You will be a business leader and a people leader for the lab and the line of business;
- You will bring your passion and enthusiasm for teamwork, success, innovation, and excellence to your role, every day.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- You have experience managing the day to day operations of a clinical diagnostic laboratory;
- You are an inspiring, motivating People Leader with experience directly supervising individual contributors and/or Leadership teams;
- You have knowledge of human clinical or veterinary testing and procedures;
- You love a fast-paced, high-volume, innovative work environment;
- You are excited about the opportunity to use your skills and abilities in promoting the health and well-being of animals.
This will be an overnight shift position, with some variation based on business needs.
Are you open to relocation?
Relocation assistance would be considered for a qualified candidate.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
This position will be based out of our Glen Burnie, MD location. Due to the current pandemic, as it relates to COVID-19, our employees’ safety and well-being are top of mind for us. For those essential employees that have to continue to work on-site, we have strengthened the preventative health measures already in place with new, more stringent actions. This includes but is not limited to making space for social distancing, use of mask/PPE, sanitize workstations, daily wellness checks, limited traffic flow by zones, and consistent real-time communication.
To apply for this job please visit careers.idexx.com.